1. Design Visit
To kick start your Architect Your Home experience, we’ll meet you for a design visit, either a four-hour or seven-hour, depending on the size of your project. One of our architects will visit you at your property and discuss your plans with you in depth; one-on-one. Creating initial design concepts and architectural sketches, your architect will guide you through the process, advising you on potential construction issues, planning policies, build-over agreements and party wall considerations.
4 Hour Visit
A four-hour design visit is the best option if you are planning to have work done to just one area or level of your home, such as a kitchen extension or loft conversion.
The main objectives of the consultation are to:
- Discuss and understand your aims and requirements
- Take measurements to create an outline plan of the existing layout
- Explain design options by producing hand-drawn sketches of the possible solutions
- Discuss the proposals and adapt them if necessary to make sure it’s right for you
- Have an agreed hand-drawn design by the end of the visit
- Discuss necessary statutory consents, party wall agreements etc.
- Talk about budgets and finding the right builder
- Explain how to move your project forward
7 Hour Visit
A seven-hour design visit suitable anyone who wishes to have a project renovating more than one area of the home, such as a kitchen extension and loft conversion or a total house renovation.